Electric Zoo: The 6th Boro will take place on Friday September 1st, Saturday September 2nd, and Sunday September 3rd.
Admission to Electric Zoo New York is strictly for ages 18 and over. To purchase and consume alcohol or to purchase and/or use VIP Experience or Platinum Experience passes, you must be at least 21 years of age. Everyone must show valid government-issued photo ID (photocopies will not be accepted).
THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF IDENTIFICATION ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Valid driver’s license from any US state or Canada
- Valid identification issued by the New York Department of Motor Vehicles (Non-Driver ID card)
- Valid United States military identification
- Valid passport or visa issued by your country’s government
PHOTOCOPIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
The doors open at 3pm on Friday, September 1st; and at 1pm on Saturday and Sunday, September 2nd and 3rd.
Lockers will be available for purchase as an add-on to your Electric Zoo pass and will remain available for purchase until the festival. There will be a limited quantity of lockers for purchase onsite and at higher rates; we recommend purchasing your locker ahead of time.
Lockers will be to your disposal Friday through Sunday. Each locker comes with a USB port, as well as your choice of the cord suited to fit your cell phones, tablets, or digital cameras so that you can remain charged and connected at all times throughout the weekend.
No. Once you leave the festival grounds, you may not re-enter. You may only re-enter the next day of the festival with your 3-day pass or single day pass if valid for that day.
No. Once you leave the festival grounds, you may not re-enter. You may only re-enter the next day of the festival with your 3-day pass or single day pass if valid for that day.
Yes, there will be a wide variety of food options, including burgers, hot dogs and pizza, as well as many other local and vegetarian/vegan choices. These include some of our favorite New York City street vendors. There will be a variety of non-alcoholic beverages, plus beer, wine and champagne for those over the age of 21. Mixed drinks/liquor will only be available for purchase in the VIP lounge, which is only accessible by those who purchase a VIP Experience or Platinum Experience.
While we make every effort to bring in food vendors with a wide variety of options catering to many different needs, we regret that we cannot guarantee that there will be a vendor to match each and every one of those needs. In keeping with our efforts, we will continue to strive to offer the greatest variety of food choices possible in an effort to something for everyone.
There are medical aid stations marked with a red cross in the four corners of the park to insure you’re never too far away from help. Check out the map in the center of the booklet that you’ll receive when you get to the festival to familiarize yourself with the location of the medical aid stations which are staffed with emergency medical professionals, and have plenty of water if you need it.
Yes, everyone is subject to search upon entry.
Electric Zoo is a rain or shine event. You can enjoy your time at Electric Zoo under all generally safe weather conditions. Our rain or shine policy is subject to safety requirements. We would never put you in harms way in extreme cases of dangerous weather.
Please e-mail email@example.com and provide the following information:
- Full registered name
- Wristband number(s)
- What action you are trying to take (Topping up, registering, etc.)
- Where the problem appears (e-mail, login screen, external payment site, etc.)
- What the exact error message is
- Transaction number (if applicable)
If you have questions on-site at the festival, please speak with a representative at Customer Service or a Top-Up Station.
This system is bank-certified (Common Criteria EAL3+ for those that care to know!). All data is encrypted with a minimum of 256 bits. Additionally, no information is stored on the wristband! So, if an RFID wristband is lost or stolen, simply login to your profile via the mobile application and hit Deactivate next to your wristband, or visit a Customer Service location and it will immediately be cancelled and replaced!
No, unfortunately you cannot split payment for an item. Only one wristband can be used to open the transaction, and that same wristband must be used to close and confirm the purchase. This is a security feature to ensure the purchaser is in control of his or her own spending.
If you add two or more wristbands into the same account, this is called a “Shared Family Account”, and all linked wristbands will be able to make purchases using the same pool of dollars in the account. You will NOT be able to separate or specify spending amounts for each wristband.
If you’d like to keep spending for each wristband separate – register a new account for each wristband
Please Note – Once a wristband is added to an account, you won’t be able to create a new account for that wristband or transfer it to another account. There is a maximum of 6 wristbands per account.
No, unfortunately you cannot transfer money once they are in your personalized account. However, any leftover funds will be refunded to you in accordance to our refund policy.
If you deactivate your wristband from your account, it will become inactive for cashless. You will still be able to access the festival, but you will not be able to purchase anything inside. but don’t worry, you can replace your wristband at cashless customer service in order to make purchases.
You can still create an account online; however, you won’t be able to Top-up or add funds to your account until AFTER you get your wristband.
When you arrive at the event, go to Will Call and present your printed out PDF ticket along with a valid photo I.D. A staff member will scan your ticket number barcode and issue you an RFID wristband. From there, enter the festival and visit a Top-up Booth located throughout the festival grounds to add funds to your wristband.
No problem! You can register your wristband through the Electric Zoo mobile app on-site, through the website when you arrive home or even on site at Customer Service. You do not need to register your wristband in order to use it. However, you must register your wristband in order to receive a CASH refund.
If you lose your wristband before the festival please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you lose or break your wristband during the festival, head over to the info booth and someone will help you. If you’ve created an account online and linked your wristband to it, no worries! Visit Customer Service at the event and they will deactivate your lost wristband and issue you a new one. Please bring valid photo ID. Link the new wristband number to your account and continue having a great time – your money is still on your account if you’ve previously linked it.
However, if you did NOT create an online account and didn’t link your wristband to the account, unfortunately your remaining credit balance can no longer be retrieved. To get a replacement wristband, visit a Customer Service kiosk and show proof of your original event ticket purchase along with valid photo ID. If someone else bought the tickets on your behalf, you will need to bring the original purchaser with you to the kiosk and show proof of purchase along with valid photo ID. Replacement wristbands will be issued at the discretion of the Customer Service Representative.
To avoid this issue, we strongly recommend you create an account and link your wristbands to that account prior to the festival. Treat your wristband the same way you would treat cash! We are not responsible for any funds stolen / missing from your wristband if you lose it.
Absolutely not. We are always very careful to keep you incognito, Mr. Anonymous. However many cool features, such as online Top-up, tracking of your on-site purchases, and many more will not be available for you. Also, if you lose an unregistered wristband at the event, we can’t de-activate or replace it for you. We recommend you play it safe and register!
DO NOT put on your wristband until the day of the festival! This is very important. Once the wristband is on, you won’t be able to remove it, as it locks instantly!
Before you arrive at the festival, to save yourself time, please register your wristband and create your personalized cashless account. (See below for registering process) Once you’re logged in, you will need to link your wristband information in order to Top-up and add pre-paid credit into your account. Any leftover credit will be refunded to you in accordance to our refund policy. By adding credit into your account online in advance, you can immediately visit the concession and merchandise stands when you arrive at the festival without having to look for a Top-up Station. You can always load more credit through our festival mobile app or at a physical Top-up Station located throughout the event grounds.
Here is the step-by-step process to registering your wristband
You must have your wristband in-hand in order to register.
Step 1. Register with Intellipay
Step 2. You’ll be prompted to set up an account; you can create a new account or link it to your Facebook.
Step 3. Once you’ve set up your account, click on WRISTBAND. Then click MY WRISTBAND.
Step 4. When prompted, input your WRISTBAND UID number (long number) and security code (shorter number) found on the back of your wristband and click “Add.”
Step 5. Click Top-Up and link your debit or credit card to your account.
If you register your wristband You will get $5 for every time you Top-up $150. This means that if you Top-up two times $150 dollars, you will get $10 for free! Just remember it has to be in separate transactions !
Auto Top-Up Feature
Don’t forget you can enable your wristband to automatically add more money when your balance falls below $10. Your wristband will automatically Top-Up an additional $50
All funds left unredeemed by 11:59PM EST September 3rd, 2017 will be refunded!
If you pay with a credit/debit card the cash equivalent of remaining dollars will be automatically credited back to your credit/debit card subject to $5 (five dollar) handling fee by September 30th, 2017. Any bonus dollars remaining on your wristband are not eligible for refunds.
Visitors who Top-up using cash will be required to fill out the refund form within their Intellipay account with your banking info by 11:59pm EST Sunday September 10th, 2017. Subject to accurate input of the online form, cash equivalent of remaining funds minus five dollar handling fee will be refunded via an online transfer by September 30th 2017.
To request a cash refund:
- Login to Intellipay
- Register your wristband if you have not done so already
- Click “Refund” at the top of the page
- Fill out the information requested and click ‘update’
Please note: Any complimentary/bonus dollars provided by the festival free of charge will not be eligible for refund.
The easiest way to check your balance is by logging into your account on your phone while at the festival! Also, whenever you make a purchase or Top-up your balance will be shown on the reader. If you ever have issues with your balance or wristband you can go to customer service located next to the info booth in the center of the festival.
At Electric Zoo we call adding money to your wristband “Topping-Up”.
You can Top-Up your wristband through the following methods:
- By using your credit/debit card in advance of the festival – just register your wristband and click “Top-Up”
- By using your credit/debit card on the Electric Zoo mobile app
- On-site at the festival with cash/credit/debit
We recommend you Top-Up your wristband in advance of the festival to make for the easiest and most seamless experience. Just simply add money to your wristband now by registering your wristband and clicking Top-Up. Here you can “Top-Up” your wristband with US dollars using your credit/debit card! When you get to Electric Zoo just tap your wristband at any of our vendors to pay for anything at the festival!
** For every $150 you put on your wristband before August 31th we will give you $5 as a bonus!
You can also turn on Auto Top-Up so you never have to worry about running out of funds at the festival!
At Electric Zoo, we will be using high-tech, RFID-enabled wristbands that will act as your ticket and wallet all at once; it is what grants you access to Electric Zoo and what allows you to purchase food, drinks, and merchandise at the event. All vendors at Electric Zoo are 100% cashless, meaning – you don’t need to worry about walking around the festival with cash!
Benefits of Cashless payment include:
- Faster transaction times
- Reduced wait time and line-ups
- Super convenient; no need to carry wallets and fumble through change/tokens
- Efficient and saves time through pre-Top-up and auto-Top-up; no need to hit the ATM
- Safe and secure; no need to worry about getting your wallet lost or stolen
- Overall, an enhanced guest experience!
Please take good care of yourself and help watch out for the people around you. If you see someone slip, trip, or overheat, someone who needs medical attention, rehydration, or just a helping hand, please keep the positive vibe alive, and be a friend to a friend in need. Remember that it’s very important to stay hydrated, so take advantage of the free high-speed water refill stations around the festival grounds. Be aware of how much you’re exerting yourself and take breaks from dancing. When you sweat, your body is losing water and you need to replace it to make sure you don’t overheat.
The following items are prohibited:
- NO GLASS OF ANY KIND
- NO WEAPONS OF ANY KIND (REGARDLESS OF PERMIT)
- NO PAINT OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING PAINT MARKERS AND SPRAY PAINT)
- NO FIREWORKS
- NO ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES
- NO DRUGS OR DRUG PARAPHERNALIA
- NO ALCOHOL
- NO OPEN OR REFILLABLE E-CIGARETTES OR VAPORIZERS
- NO LARGE CHAINS
- NO LASER POINTERS
- NO FLAGS OR TOTEMS WITH METAL OR WOOD PIECES (FLAGS OR TOTEM POLES MUST BE MADE WITH FLEXIBLE MATERIALS AND MUST HAVE A DIAMETER OF 1.5 INCHES OR LESS)
- NO LARGE UMBRELLAS
- NO SPIKED JEWELRY
- NO UNSEALED TAMPONS
- NO STUFFED ANIMALS/DOLLS
- NO INFLATABLES (INCLUDING BALLOONS)
- NO PACIFIERS
- NO UNSEALED OVER THE COUNTER MEDICATIONS/VITAMINS (PRESCRIPTION DRUGS IN NON-APPROVED CONTAINERS MUST BE TURNED OVER TO MEDICAL)
- NO UNSEALED EYE DROP CONTAINERS
- NO VENDING WITHOUT PERMIT
- NO BICYCLES, SCOOTERS, GO CARTS, OR ATVS
- NO PETS – UNLESS it is a service animal, and You are a person with disabilities, or service animals in-training and have appropriate apparel and have on Your person credentials from an accredited school for which the dog is being raised. Please email Your questions regarding service animals to the Company at email@example.com or visit the official Company website for details at electriczoofestival.com.
- NO HARD OR SOFT COOLERS (EXCEPT FOR MEDICAL USE WITH ACCOMPANYING DOCTOR’S NOTE)
- NO LAWN CHAIRS
- NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINKS (EXCEPT FOR 1 FACTORY SEALED WATER BOTTLE, NO CANS OR BOTTLES ARE PERMITTED)
- NO OPEN CONTAINERS
- NO MULTI POCKET BACKPACKS LARGER THAN 24’’ X 12’’ x 10” (CINCH PACKS ARE PERMITTED)
- NO LARGE BACKPACKS OR DUFFLE BAGS
- NO LUGGAGE
- NO SEALED PACKAGES
- NO PUSH CARTS
- NO SPORTS EQUIPMENT (INCLUDING FRISBEES)
- NO TENTS OR CAMPING GEAR
- NO SOAP, SHAMPOO, CONDITIONER OR OTHER DETERGENTS
- NO FLAMMABLE PRODUCTS
- NO AEROSOL CANS OR NOISE MAKING DEVICES
- NO PROFESSIONAL CAMERAS
- NO AUDIO OR VIDEO EQUIPMENT
- NO MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS (INCLUDING WHISTLES)
- NO CAMERA TRIPODS
- NO MASSAGE DEVICES
- NO PROJECTILES OR EXPLOSIVES
- NO KNIVES OR SHARP OBJECTS
- NO OPEN FIRES
- NO WATER GUNS OR MISTERS
- NO CHAIRS
- NO FLYERS, STICKERS, POSTERS
- NO HAMMOCKS
- NO GRILLS OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING PROPANE AND CHARCOAL)
- NO GENERATORS
- NO MASKS OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING DUST OR GAS MASKS)
- NO TACTICAL GEAR
- NO AEROSOL CANS (INCLUDING DEODORANT AND PERFUME)
- NO CHINESE LANTERNS
- NO DRONES OR UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLES
- Any other items deemed as posing a threat to the safe enjoyment of the patrons.
If you have prescription medication that you must bring with you, you must bring a copy of your prescription to be evaluated by the medical staff.
If you bring any of the items on the above prohibited items list into the Festival, such items will be confiscated and discarded and You will be subject to removal from the Festival based on the sole discretion of Company. Under no circumstances will Company hold any prohibited items for You.
PLEASE RESPECT YOUR BODY AND MIND. ALL PERSONS AND PROPERTY ARE SUBJECT TO SEARCH AND MAY BE REQUIRED TO TAKE OFF YOUR SHOES DURING SEARCH. ELECTRIC ZOO HAS A ZERO TOLERANCE FOR ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES. THE USE OF ILLEGAL DRUGS AND UNDERAGE DRINKING IS NOT PERMITTED. ANYONE FOUND WITH ILLEGAL DRUGS WILL BE SUBJECT TO REMOVAL FROM THE FESTIVAL AND WILL NOT BE ALLOWED BACK IN.
We’re so glad you asked!
- Sit in the open or shady grassy space and relax on a small blanket or beach towel
- Lounge, decompress and eat in our shade tents
- Select some delectable nibbles from a wide variety of options, including crowd-pleasers like burgers, hot dogs, and pizza, as well as many other local and vegetarian/vegan choices. These include some of our favorite New York City street vendors.
- Save the world, should the opportunity arise to do so
- Gaze at the New York City Skyline while getting down to some very, very dope beats
- Get his number
- Browse our vendor village
- Meet some amazing new people
- Count disco balls
- Devour some icy treats
- Shake it, but don’t break it, because it took your mother nine months to make it
- Lay on your back in the grass and gaze at the clouds
- Pretend you’re a zebra
- Get her number
- Feel your jaw drop when you see that famous Zoo visual production
- Score some free swag from our sponsors
- Wear a very silly hat
- Meet some of the DJ’s as they cruise around and take in the festival
- Feel Faaaaaaaabulous
- Jam out to almost 100 of the world’s best electronic music artists
- Purchase some essentials from the General Store (gum, sun block, visors etc.)
- Get his and her number
If you are over 21 YOU CAN:
- Choose from a selection of traditional and craft beers
- Enjoy a refreshing wine spritzer, or glass of wine
- Celebrate with a glass of bubbly
- Or go all the way and live it up in the lounge with a VIP Experience or Platinum Experience
Empty clear plastic water bottles up to 1 liter in capacity will be allowed.
- Large and Lovely sun glasses
- Sun block (seriously!!!)
- Rain poncho
- A small blanket or towel
- All of your favorite people
- DANCING SHOES! (we discourage flip flops for comfort/safety reasons)
- Your ID. (Please note that photocopies will NOT be accepted as valid ID.)
- A small backpack or utility bag
- Chapstick (must be new and sealed)
- A positive attitude
Yes, Camelbak and Water Hydration Packs are allowed, but must be completely empty upon entrance.
Yes, GoPro cameras are allowed. However, GoPro attachments such as sticks, selfie sticks or monopods are not allowed.
You can pay for your Electric Zoo pass in installments over time. Choose the Payment Plan when checking out.
Will Call serves as a way for our international guests and those who ordered their passes after the shipping cut-off date to pick up their tickets conveniently when entering the festival. Follow signs for will call when you arrive on festival site. You will need your printed confirmation email, the credit card used to purchase your passes and your valid photo ID.
Will Call opens at 2pm on Friday, September 1st; and at 12pm on Saturday and Sunday, September 2nd and 3rd.
All international orders must be picked up at the Will Call check-in area, located next to the Box Office at the festival main entrance on Randall’s Island. Unless you plan to walk, bike, or arrive by car, you must print out your confirmation email and bring it with you to the ferry or shuttle bus departure point in Manhattan (check your confirmation email to make sure you’re headed to the correct place - either ferry or MTA). Your confirmation email will be checked, and you will be allowed to ride to the festival site on Randall’s Island. From there, you should proceed to the Will Call check-in area. You will need the credit card used to purchase your tickets and your valid photo ID.
Getting to Electric Zoo is easy. From your New York City location, the festival entrance is just a stop or two away. This year we’re offering a multitude of transportation options, including readily available MTA buses and subways, car service pick-ups and drop-offs, round-trip Ferry rides, walking and biking routes, direct-route Brooklyn shuttles and more.
From within New York City:
– In two simple steps, use the Subway and MTA Buses to travel to Randall’s Island from your locations in Manhattan.
– Ferries departs from and returns to the East 35th Street Ferry Landing located at the intersection of East 35th Street and FDR Drive. They travel to and from Randall’s Island all weekend long! Starting at 2:30pm on Friday, September 2nd and at 12:30pm on Saturday and Sunday, ferries run continuously until 30 minutes after the festival ends.
– Electric Zoo is offering round trip shuttle buses with a direct Brooklyn route. These buses depart from and return to Output (74 Wythe Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11249). Brooklyn shuttle departures begin at 3pm on Friday, and 12pm on Saturday and Sunday, and will be running continuously throughout the weekend. Round trip passes are now available with weekend-long and single-day options.
Getting to Electric Zoo courtesy of MTA is one of many transportation options made simply for you. Whether the most local Subway to your disposal or the Express Bus, Electric Zoo is working closely with MTA to ensure everyone has a convenient mode of transportation to the festival.
Here’s how to get to Electric Zoo via Subway/MTA Buses in two simple steps.
- Take the subway train to the 125th Street Stop.
- $5.50 roundtrip ($1.00 new card fee not included)
- Take the X80 Express Bus from 125th Street / Lexington Avenue to Randall’s Island Park.
- $6.50 roundtrip ($3.75 if coming from subway using MetroCard)
- Monthly MetroCards cannot be used.
**Monthly MetroCards do not apply to X80 Express bus.
You can walk across the footbridge from E. 103rd St. in Manhattan onto Randall’s Island Park. It takes about 20-25 minutes to walk from the Manhattan side of the footbridge to the festival entrance.
Pedestrians can also walk across the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge from Manhattan (about 15 minutes), Queens (about 30 minutes), or the Bronx (about 15 minutes).
BICYCLISTS PLEASE NOTE: Bikes are NOT allowed on the ferry or buses. Bike parking is South of the RFK Bridge Pedestrian Walkway, near the Ferry Landing on Randall’s Island. Follow signs from the main festival entrance.
We will be offering dedicated areas for drop-offs and pick-ups. Locations and more information will be announced as the festival approaches. Check back for updates on drop-off and pick-up options.
Parking will not be available on Randall’s Island this year, and we strongly encourage you to get to Randall’s Island by taking the Ferry/Shuttle options, by walking/biking, or get dropped off at the festival. There will be no parking spots available to purchase.
From Manhattan: Get on the RFK Bridge at East 125th Street or Exit 18 from FDR Drive (left exit from northbound or right hand exit from southbound Harlem River Drive). Once on the RFK Bridge, E-Z Pass users should stay left for the exit to Randall’s Island Park, immediately after the toll plaza. Those paying cash at the toll should stay to the right and take the entrance ramp to Randall’s Island Park located about a half-mile past the toll plaza on the right hand side.
From Long Island: Get on the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge from the Grand Central Parkway. Stay right for the exit to Randall’s Island, immediately after the toll plaza.
From the Bronx: Take the Major Deegan or Bruckner Expressway to the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge. Once on the RFK Bridge continue toward Queens. After the Queens toll plaza, bear right for the Randall’s Island exit (about 200 yards).
From Brooklyn: Take the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway East to the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge. Stay right for the exit to Randall’s Island Park, immediately after the toll plaza.
From Queens: Get on the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge from the Grand Central Parkway. Stay right for the exit to Randall’s Island Park, immediately after the toll plaza.
From New Jersey: From I-80 or the New Jersey Turnpike, get on the George Washington Bridge. Follow signs for “Through Traffic” (on the upper level, stay to the left, on the lower level, stay to the right) to get onto the Cross Bronx Expressway, then take the Harlem River Drive/Amsterdam Avenue exit. Keep left onto the Harlem River Drive, then stay straight to take FDR Drive South to the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge. On the Bridge, E-Z Pass users should stay left for the exit to Randall’s Island Park, immediately after the toll plaza. Those paying cash at the toll should stay to the right and take the entrance ramp to Randall’s Island Park located about a half-mile past the toll plaza on the right hand side.
From Westchester: Take I-87 (New York State Thruway) southbound. I-87 will turn into the Major Deegan Expressway. Follow signs to the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge, pass through the tollbooth, and stay to the right. Take the exit for Randall’s Island.
Airports closest to the festival are:
- Newark International (airport code: EWR)
- John F. Kennedy (aiport code: JFK)
- LaGuardia (airport code: LGA)
New Jersey Transit, Amtrak, Long Island Railroad (LIRR) and Metro North have trains in and out of New York City on a daily basis.
New York train terminals are:
- Pennsylvania Station (often referred to as PENN station) is located in the heart of midtown Manhattan – LIRR, Amtrak and New Jersey Transit
- Grand Central Station – Metro North
- Harlem 125th street (closest to the festival) – Metro North
The BOLT bus travels from Baltimore, Boston, Cherry Hill, Philadelphia and Washington DC to several New York City locations on a daily basis. Check out www.boltbus.com for more details
A number of bus companies travel daily to Port Authority Bus Terminal located in midtown manhattan. You may easily access many subways from there. For information on all carriers, call the Port Authority Terminal at 212-564-8484 or visit www.ny.com/transportation/port_authority.html.
* This information is intended for information and planning purposes only and is not to be taken as endorsements or warranties of any kind. All information presented here is subject to change.
Great! You can submit an application to become a food vendor here.
PLEASE NOTE this form is only to be used for FOOD VENDORS.
Non-food vendors can inquire about potential opportunities by contacting us here